VIA Daily Mail

A Belgian psychologist and mother-of-one who worked with asylum seekers facing deportation has been named as the latest victim of Friday’s jihadi atrocity in Stockholm. Maïlys Dereymaeker, 31, was waiting for friends from work on the corner of Drottninggatan and Olof Palmes gata when the terrorist struck. 
She was the first victim to be hit by the speeding lorry and died instantly at the scene. It took forensic experts two days to identify her mangled body from DNA samples. 
Ms Dereymaeker, who was from the small town of Lembeek near Brussels and had an 18-month-old toddler, worked with illegal immigrants facing deportation like her killer, Rakhmat Akilov. 
The psychologist and music enthusiast was in Stockholm for a well-deserved break with friends from work. They were due to meet on the corner that afternoon. Ms Dereymaeker had arrived early when the Uzbek ISIS fanatic started his rampage. The Belgian was a keen musician and was part of an ensemble in her hometown.  
‘It is difficult for me to talk about her death,’ a friend told local media. ‘She played the flute and taught music to children’. 
The mayor of Lembeek, a neighbourhood in the Belgian city of Halle, southwest of Brussels, told the Belga news agency: ‘I met her several times. I know her parents very well. They are very nice people who have lived in Halle for a long time.’ 
Mr Pieters added: ‘I'm shocked after each attack, but when you put a face on a victim and personally know her parents, it's even worse.’ 
Ms Dereymaeker was the second victim to be identified after Briton Crispin Bevington, 41, was named yesterday. Today, the fourth victim was reported as a woman from Uddevalla, a small town in western Sweden. A local newspaper contacted the alleged victim’s family but they declined to comment. 
Today, as Sweden held a minute's silence for the victims, politicians demanded greater powers to monitor failed asylum seekers. The tough new measures are being demanded after it was revealed the alleged killer Rakhmat Akilove, 39, had been told to leave Sweden in December. He was given four weeks to leave, but disappeared from his last known address.  
The fanatic, who killed four in Friday's carnage, told the Swedish Migration Board that he had been arrested during a demonstration and was subsequently tortured by police for nine days. However, a medical examination showed that torture had not taken place. Investigators concluded that his identity could not be confirmed as he had used several aliases when applying for asylum. 
A court also questioned his version of events, saying that his description of conditions in prison was too vague. He was unable to describe its appearance and anybody who was in prison with him.